What is Open RAN Studio?
BubbleRAN Open RAN Studio, MX-ORS, product is world-first production-grade cloud-native platform to seamlessly design, operate, experiment an emulated end-to-end 4G/5G Open RAN network with edge services, at scale.
Why Open RAN Studio Mini-Series?
- Create a focused channel on the topic of Open RAN and O-RAN
- Share knowledge and the latest developments and achievements in the area of 4G/5G Cloud-Native Open RAN/O-RAN
- Demonstrate O-RAN stack in reality using Open RAN studio (an end-to-end 4F/5G Open RAN platform)
- Accelerate the R&D lifecycle from Idea to PoC and validate use-cases
- Provide Open Documentation in a form of Tutorials and lab materials
- Foster Academia and Industry Collaboration
This episode will be delivered in a form of an overview of Open RAN/O-RAN, followed by a step-by-step live demonstration a cloud-native disaggregated 5G deployment with near-RT RIC and xApps, managed and operated by the SMO/OAM. This episode shall not be considered as a tutorial or training materials.
|Part 1||Part 2|
- 8:55 – 9:05 Welcome speech (Ilias)
- 9:05 – 9:15 Why Open RAN Studio? (Navid)
- 9:15 – 9:30 Live deployment of a cloud-native 5G SA blueprint (Navid)
- 9:30 – 9:35 Q&A
- 9:35 – 9:50 Live deployment of a cloud-native 5G Open RAN blueprint (Alireza)
- 9:50 – 10:05 Interactive KPM and data collection xApp (ChiehChun)
- 10:05 – 10:15 How to develop an xApp? (Ilias)
- 10:15– 10:20 Towards ML/AI Devkit for xApp (Khoa)
- 10:20 – 10:30 Q&A and Take a way message (All)
We are going to touch upon various topics around Open Source, Open RAN, and programmability. Some of the items will include:
- Cloud-Native Multi-vendor Open RAN deployment
- Real-Time RIC and xApps
- Realistic Data collections
- MLDevKit within the Open RAN ecosystem
- The current Open-RAN-related research topics
- Network store
- Role of digital twin within Open RAN
What are the benefits of Open RAN studios?
Using Open RAN studio, now developers, vendors, and Operators are able to:
- develop NFs/xApps/rApps and on-board them using a software development kit (SDK)
- design a multi-vendor Open RAN network blueprints tailored to your use-case
- deploy and operate their blueprints at scale
- control and reconfigure RAN via xApps/rApps
- collect datasets and analyze network control and user planes.
In addition, they can learn and reuse existing resources via open documentation.